Our primary reason for collecting your personal data is to process your orders for goods from our site, address enquiries which you may make on our site from time to time and provide you with the most efficient service possible. We do not anticipate collecting or processing sensitive personal data about you.
Our site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal information.
2. Our Policy for Processing your Personal Data
- When you contact us via the “Contact Us” link on our site, or email us, or register on our site we will collect personal data from you.
- When you contact us over the telephone we may collect personal data from you.
- Personal information may also be obtained automatically by your internet browser.
- If you place an order for goods and when you subsequently submit payment for that order we will collect personal data from you.
- If you request a quotation for goods we may collect personal data from you.
- The types of personal data which we may collect from you could include, for example, your name, your contact details (such as your address, telephone number and email address), credit/debit card information and other information collected on registration or through the “Contact Us” link on our site.
3. How we use your Personal Data?
There is a requirement by law for us to state a “legal basis for processing” your personal data and we have set out the purposes and the legal grounds for which we use your personal data below.
The legal basis for each purpose is that:
- we have your consent for the use of your personal data;
- we need to use your personal data in order to fulfil a contract with you;
- the use of your personal data is necessary for our legitimate interests (in which case we will explain what those interests are).
|Processing of an order||This is a contractual necessity to meet obligations to supply the goods as ordered.|
|To notify you of change to our services or to respond to any queries you raise.||This is a legitimate interest to allow us to update you on services and queries raised.|
|To send you details of product and promotions.||This is a legitimate interest and where required by law we will ask for your consent.|
|To contact you about a review of feedback on the services we have provided.||This is a legitimate interest to allow us to communicate with you on your feedback.|
|Carry out security checks to prevent fraudulent transactions.||This is a legitimate interest to protect us from unlawful activities and if circumstances dictate we may have a legal obligation to disclose details to facilitate legal proceedings.|
|To review past purchasing patterns to facilitate special offers and promotions.||This is a legitimate interest to allow us to tailor your online experience.|
|To provide, personalise and improve your interaction with our web and mobile portals.||Legitimate interest to tailor your experience when using our online services.|
Other purposes for which we may process your personal data are:
- the general administration of your records by us;
- the general maintenance of our database and records by us;
- for security purposes to protect your personal data held and/or processed by us;
- to maintain records of payments made by you; and
- for our general marketing purposes unless you have notified us to the contrary.
4. Who else gets to see your Personal Data?
- Our data processors.
- Such couriers used by us from time to time for the purposes of delivering goods ordered by you.
- Such financial service providers used by us from time to time for the purpose of processing payment for goods and/or security checks.
- Other companies which are part of the group of companies which we may be part of from time to time.
- Such other carefully selected companies who provide goods and/or services which we think may be of interest to you.
- Such marketing companies used by us from time to time.
- Such third parties working with us to enable us to provide a better site service to you.
5. Your Rights
You have right to ask us to:
- Confirm what personal data we hold about you and to provide you a copy of that data.
- Remove any of your personal data when there is no need to continue holding your personal data.
- Correct any of your personal data that is inaccurate.
- Stop using your personal data unless we can demonstrate why we need to continue using your data for legitimate legal reasons.
- Stop using your personal data to send you marketing materials, special offers, catalogues, discount vouchers and other promotions.
You have may also have other rights in relation to your personal data:
- In certain circumstances, the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data, or request that your personal data is deleted
- Where you provided personal data voluntarily, or otherwise consented to its use, the right to withdraw your consent
- In certain circumstances, the right to receive a copy of the personal data which you have provided to us, in structured, commonly used and machine readable format or to request that we transfer that data to another company (known as “data portability”)
We may need to request proof of identity before we are able to respond to your request.
If you are not satisfied with our use of your personal data or our response to any request made by you in relation to your personal data, you the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner:
Phone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate)
Post: Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
If you want to learn more about your rights regarding your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s office information line on: (0044) 01625 545745 or visit their website at www.ico.gov.uk.
6. Maintenance of your personal data
We are committed to the security of your personal data. All of our employees and sub-contractors with access to your personal data and/or who are associated with the processing of that data are contractually obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
We have implemented technology measures and security policies to protect the personal data that we have in our control from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction or accidental loss.
8. Contact information
Just Add Water,
15-17 Margaret Rd,
UK – England & Wales
or via email at:
firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the email for the attention of the Compliance Officer.